Active @ File Recovery for Windows recovers lost data from hard drives, floppy or USB drives, and offers support for the following file systems: FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, and NTFS5.
Furthermore, the program is able to restore files with the following file formats: DOC, XLS, PPT, MDB, SDW, RPT, VSD, PST, DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, JPG, BMP, AVI, ZIP, and others.
The application features two scanning modes: quick and super scan. Of course, the first one performs a basic scan and reveals the deleted files and folders found on the selected hard drive.
The second method offers a comprehensive scanning operation which looks for all possible deleted data.At the end of the task, you can view details about the name of the file or folder, size, attributes, ID, as well as date when it was created, modified, and deleted.
Active @ File Recovery for Windows gives users the possibility to perform searches based on different criteria (eg file format, size, ID), view information about each partition (eg label, type, file system, capacity, serial number, volume status), and select the directories and files to be restored.
– Photos recovery, pictures recovery if they were deleted from flash media, or lost due to formatting a memory card
– Large disks are supported (large than 2TB)
– Data Recovery on unbootable due to a computer crash, virus attack, damage by malicious program, or power failure PCs (Ultimate package)
– Recovers from damaged Microsoft FAT / exFAT, NTFS / NTFS + EFS, Apple HFS +, Unix UFS, Linux Ext2 / Ext3 / Ext4 / BtrFS file systems
– File Organizer for files detected by signatures allows to re-organize files in folders tree, rename files based on the internal attributes and preview re-organized data before actual recovery occurs (Professional packages)
– Recovery for all Windows versions supported
– Recovers deleted files from damaged, formatted or reformatted partitions
– File recovery for files and documents that have been lost by disk formatting, damaged by virus attack, or a power failure
– Partition recovery after disk partition (s) loss / deletion / re-format / physical damage on FAT, exFAT, NTFS, HFS +, UFS, ExtFS and BtrFS
– Raw Disk Image (sector-by-sector copy) & Raw Compressed Disk Image creation for future data analysis and data recovery from the image
– Supports hardware RAID disk arrays virtual reconstruction. RAID data recovery (Professional packages)
– Full support for multi-language character sets (Unicode), recovers files and folders having names containing not only Latin characters
– Different types of drive scan: QuickScan (Fast), SuperScan (Slow), and Last Chance recovery
– SuperScan technology recognizes 117 file types by signatures and sorts them in folders (see details)
– The software is not strictly limited to finding these specific file types. Custom file signatures can be defined using simple scripting language. When the logical structure of a hard drive is heavily corrupted, this signature scan will use a special algorithm to seek out such files. Under typical file deletion or formatting of a hard drive, a regular scan is sufficient to reveal files of ANY type.