Adobe FrameMaker software is a powerful authoring and publishing solution for technicalcommunicators. Take advantage of an intuitive user interface, unified workflows, and a template-based authoring environment to simplify content delivery and conform to organizational requirements for consistency and branding.
Adobe FrameMaker is a template-based authoring and publishing solution for unstructured, structured and XML / DITA content. Easily author content with an enhanced user interface and standards-compliant tools, collaborate and review with out-of-the-box content management system (CMS) integration, and automatically schedule and publish via Adobe FrameMaker Server software to multiple channels such as PDF, HTML, WebHelp, Adobe Air, Adobe FlashHelp, and Oracle Help.
Adobe FrameMaker is a useful tool that will allow you to develop professional technical documentations.
A. Here are some key features of “Adobe FrameMaker”:
– New, intuitive user interface:
– Work more efficiently thanks to a completely redesigned user experience. Use floating toolbars and control bars, dock your most frequently used dialog boxes for quick access, and create workspaces customized to your workflow.
– Fully integrated authoring environment:
– Create, edit, and publish technical content with powerful features for automatic numbering, cross-referencing, creating tables of contents, indexes, books, and more. Automate formatting via templates, and easily integrate tables, graphs, and images.
– Powerful, scalable single sourcing:
– Effortlessly single source variations of the same document for different channels and purposes. Build and use complex Boolean expressions to define output filters in topic-based, structured, and unstructured modes.
– Filtering by attribute:
– Take advantage of support for multivalued attributes and the ability to import expressions from one document to another.
– Automation through scripting:
– Easily automate time-consuming, repetitive tasks through advanced scripting support with Adobe ExtendScript. Run scripts for simple tasks from within Adobe FrameMaker or through the ExtendScript Toolkit to eliminate manual effort and increase productivity.
– Formats and format overrides:
– Manage formats for paragraphs, characters, and tables from the existing catalog or create custom lists to be displayed. You can also create new formats and delete or override those that are unused or not useful.
– Enhanced attribute editor:
– Define and edit attributes for declarations in markup to perform multiple functions: record the status of content within elements, allow cross-referencing between elements, or specify how to format an element.
– Enhanced tag view:
– Easily view all elements in a collapsible format, even in document view; hide or collapse parent and child elements individually or simultaneously; and search through and open elements, including those that are collapsed.
– Text drag and drop and background color:
– Drag text, elements, and rows and columns from tables and drop them into new documents or applications to save time. Use the Background Color feature to emphasize and highlight important sections of text by adding color to the background, whether for sections of text or paragraphs.
– Enhanced importing of comments from PDF files:
– Import comments with type highlights retained from PDF files into Adobe FrameMaker 10 with the Text Background Color feature.
– Rich media object incorporation:
– Create compelling online content by incorporating 3D models, rich Adobe Flash Player compatible animations and simulations created with Adobe Captivate software. Generate PDF files with live 3D models.
– Extended rich media support:
– Select the right format and import a range of media files into Adobe FrameMaker 10. With comprehensive support for different video formats as well as SWF poster frame, you can easily add a slew of multimedia features to create more engaging, high-impact technical content .
– Repeat Last Operation:
– Quickly redo or correct errors with the powerful Repeat Last Operation feature, which allows you to repeat the last operation performed, from current insertions to text or object selections.
– Table catalog creation:
– Manage and apply table formats with enhanced table catalog creation. View all table formats present in your document and apply or delete them easily.
– Conditional expressions:
– Generate conditional output using conditional tags combined with Boolean operators, and manage existing build expression.
– Suppress alerts:
– Choose from a select list of alerts to disable those that you do not wish to see repeated.
– Usability enhancements:
– Work more efficiently with standards-compliant, prebuilt tools and templates designed for easier authoring. Use utilities like Auto Spell Check, Highlight Support, scrolling for lengthy dialogue, and enhanced Find and Replace to get the job done faster and smarter.
– Drag-and-drop cut / paste feature:
– Simply drag and drop to cut elements from one DITA map and paste them into another.
– Multiple topicref insertion:
– Save time by inserting multiple topicrefs in one move.
– Easy-to-use RM view:
– Move back to the RM view in a single click, and take advantage of the support for additional child and sibling elements.
– Structured Application Creation Wizard:
– Benefit from a basic infrastructure for working with structured Adobe FrameMaker. With this highly intuitive, UI-based tool, users can start working with structured FrameMaker even if they do not have any prior knowledge or training.
– Structure-level comparison of documents:
– Compare any two documents through the Compare Documents user interface-changes will be marked through Track Text Edits in the composite document.
– Documentum and SharePoint connectors:
– Smoothly integrate with content management systems via EMC Documentum 6.5 with Service Pack 1 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007 with Service Pack 2 to perform search, read, write, delete, update, check-in, and checkout operations on configured repositories.
– Special object management for books and DITA maps:
– Easily view, navigate, and edit documents through new, dockable dialog boxes. Work more efficiently with markers, variables, fonts, conditional text, graphics, cross-references, and text insets.
– Tools for easy DITA specialization:
– Easily meet consistency and authoring needs as well as specific output requirements while retaining the advantages of your existing DITA architecture by specializing DITA to create customized information models.
– Standards support for DITA 1.2:
– Take advantage of comprehensive support for DITA 1.2 elements, and DITA 1.1, including Bookmap, Indexing, and Glossary specifications.
– Book and structured book capabilities:
– Employ a new user interface for books, as well as tools for hierarchical books and books within books.Incorporate XML files and other structured Adobe FrameMaker documents, and reference DITA maps or bookmaps.
– Change tracking at book level:
– Save time with a host of powerful features to review and track changes across an entire book. Use review icons to navigate through a review by accepting individual changes or all changes, and view and edit changes from selected users.
– Advanced scheduling and publishing capabilities with Adobe FrameMaker Server 10:
– Create multiple build and automated publication tasks and schedule them to run at specified intervals.Select from one-time, daily, weekly or monthly high-volume publication tasks.
– Long-document and pristine PDF output support:
– Easily create PDF output for long documents and books. Aggregate topic-based, structured, and unstructured content including XML and DITA files, and generate tables of contents, indexes, and pristine PDF output with CMYK support.
– Multiple format output with Adobe FrameMaker Server 10:
– Output to multiple formats including PDF, EPUB, WebHelp, Adobe AIR, Eclipse Help, and Oracle Help from a single source document.
– Shareable publishing task configuration with Adobe FrameMaker Server 10:
– Reuse configurations for a publishing task across your organization to set up similar publishing tasks.
– Fully integrated authoring environment:
– Create, edit, and publish technical content with powerful features for automatic numbering; cross-referencing; creating tables of contents, indexes, books; and more. Automate formatting via templates, and easily integrate tables, graphics, and images.