Plex organizes all of your personal media, wherever you keep it, so you can enjoy it on any device.
With Plex, you can easily stream your videos, music, photos and home movies to your Android phone or tablet from your home computer running Plex Media Server (available for free at https://www.plex.tv).
– Plex makes your media beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other metadata.
– Plex automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
– Easily share your media with friends and family.
– Browse, fling and control your media on any Plex-enabled device, including the Google Chromecast
– Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing (Plex Pass)
– Sync media to your favorite cloud provider including Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box, so you can stream media even when your server is offline (Plex Pass)
– Access a wide range of online channels such as TED, Revision3, and TWiT.
– Queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and watch them later on any device.
With Plex, your media universe is constantly expanding. Getting up and running is easy, so start now!
★★★ NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT https://plex.tv/downloads) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.8.14 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content, ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported. ★★★
– More intuitive behavior for the “home” button in the mobile audio player
– Use a single action for mark as watched/unwatched
– Various UI enhancements
– Fix playback resuming on experimental player
– Fix crash when video playback tried to start after user had closed the video player
– Lots of other fixes: https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/60585-plex-for-android/?p=748307